Thursday, September 20, 2012


I must see new things and investigate them. 

I want to taste dark water and see crackling trees and wild winds. I want to gaze with astonishment at mouldy garden fences.

 I want to experience them all, to hear young birch plantations 

and trembling leaves, to see light and sun, 

to enjoy wet green-blue valleys in the evening, 

to sense goldfish glinting, to see white clouds building up in the sky, 

to speak to flowers. 

I want to look intently at grasses and pink people and old venerable churches, 

to know what little cathedrals say, to run without stopping 

along curving meadowy slopes across vast plains, 

to kiss the earth and smell soft warm marshland flowers.

Egon Schiele in a letter to Anton Peschka 


via janviemai tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cauta