Sunday, July 8, 2012

I really feel that we’re not giving children enough credit
 for distinguishing what’s right and what’s wrong. 
I, for one, devoured fairy tales as a little girl. 
I certainly didn’t believe that kissing frogs would lead me to a prince, 
or that eating a mysterious apple would poison me, 
or that with the magical “Bibbity-Bobbity-Boo” I would get a beautiful dress 
and a pumpkin carriage. I also don’t believe that looking in a mirror 
and saying “Candyman, Candyman, Candyman” 
will make some awful serial killer come after me. 
I believe that many children recognize Harry Potter for what it is, fantasy literature. 
I’m sure there will always be some that take it too far, but that’s the case with everything. 
I believe it’s much better to engage in dialog with children 
to explain the difference between fantasy and reality. 
Then they are better equipped to deal with people who might have taken it too far.


J.K. Rowling



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cauta